Why Are Teeth X-rays Important?
Dental X-rays are a safe and necessary diagnostic tool used to help your dentist detect damage and disease not visible during a regular dental exam. Teeth X-rays can also show your dentist the following:
- Tooth decay
- Bone loss
- Wisdom teeth
- Infections in the gums or root of a tooth
- Mouth structure
- And other factors
If you are a new patient, we require dental imaging to determine the present status of your oral health and establish a baseline to help identify changes that may occur later. Additionally, dental X-rays are an important part of maintaining good oral health and should be completed regularly.
Understanding Radiation and Dental X-rays
Any type of dental radiography involves radiation. However, at Stellar Dental, we take a number of precautions to minimize our patients’ risk to radiation exposure. These provisions include:
- We use advanced digital nomad and panoramic machines
- Digital X-rays are taken instead of film
- Patients are covered with a leaded apron and thyroid collar to minimize unnecessary exposure to the abdomen and throat
Our dentists will use only enough radiation to see what he or she needs to care for you. We are all exposed to small amounts of radiation daily from the sun, soil, rocks, buildings, air and water. This type of natural radiation is called background radiation and is comparable to the amount of radiation used in our Buffalo full mouth X-rays.
By doing all of this, the radiation exposure of our X-rays are As Low As Reasonably Achievable (the ALARA principle). This ensures that our dental X-rays are safe for both children and adults.
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding, make sure to tell your dentist. During your pregnancy, X-rays may be required for certain treatment beyond the gum line; however, dental imaging does not necessarily need to be delayed.
Dental Imaging in Buffalo, New York
Stellar Dental has five conveniently located offices around Buffalo that offer dental X-ray services. Our state-of-the-art office locations include:
- Union Road in Cheektowaga
- French Road in Cheektowaga
- Transit Road in Williamsville
- Sheridan Drive in Tonawanda
- McKinley Parkway in Hamburg
We Offer Dental Radiography Services and More
At Stellar Dental, we strive to provide every patient with the best dental care, which is why we offer a range of dental services in addition to full mouth X-rays. These services include:
- General dentistry
- Pediatric dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Orthodontics and Invisalign
- Dental implants
- Zoom teeth whitening
- TMJ treatment
- Sleep apnea treatment
- Full and partial dentures
Schedule Your Next Full Mouth X-ray at Stellar Dental
At Stellar Dental, we strive to provide every patient with the highest quality oral care. Some of the many benefits of choosing Stellar Dental for teeth X-rays in Buffalo include:
- All of our offices are equipped with the most advanced dental equipment
- We accept almost all insurance plans
- We offer weekend and evening appointments
- Emergency appointments are available
Searching for safe and reliable dental radiography in Buffalo? Schedule an appointment at Stellar Dental today!