Stellar Dental Care – Your Buffalo Pediatric Dentist
At Stellar Dental Care, our team enjoys working with children, which is why we created a whole wing in our Union Road office dedicated specifically to pediatric dentistry. We take the fear out of dentistry with private rooms for the child who is more comfortable alone, and we also offer our unique open concept area that allows your child to be in the company of others. Best yet, they’re all brightly colored and kid friendly!
Read on to learn more about all we can offer for Buffalo kids’ dental care services!
About Our Premier Dental Services for Kids
We are able to provide comprehensive dental care for the whole family, including your little ones. So everything from routine checkups and cleanings to cavity correction to orthodontics work and more are covered as part of Stellar’s dental care for kids in Buffalo.
Our team members are adept at working with children to put them at ease and guide them through their dental procedures in a safe, welcoming environment. And with our options for treatment rooms, no matter what your child’s comfort level is when coming to the dentist, we can accommodate to provide them with the best in children’s dental health in Buffalo.
Stellar Dental Care Orthodontics for Children
When it comes to your child’s dental health, one of the major services we supply as a Buffalo children’s dentist is orthodontics. To ensure a winning, stellar smile, we recommend children as young as 7 ½ should get an orthodontic checkup. At this stage in their development, children have enough permanent teeth that an orthodontist can determine if any steps need to be taken for correction.
Typically, though, many children will begin orthodontic treatment between the ages of 9 and 14, should they need it. Early clues for the need for orthodontic work include the following:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty in chewing or biting
- Breathing through the mouth
- Thumb sucking
- Crowded, misplaced, or blocked-out teeth
- Jaws that are too far forward or back
- Biting the cheek or biting into the roof of the mouth
- Protruding teeth
- Upper and lower teeth that don’t meet, or meet in an abnormal way
- An unbalanced facial appearance
- Grinding or clenching of the teeth
During the course of an initial visit, five essential questions will be covered:
- Is there an orthodontic problem, and if so, what is it?
- What are the options to correct the problem?
- Is there a possibility teeth will need to be removed?
- About how long is the recommended treatment expected to take?
- How much will the recommended treatment cost?
Once these factors are determined, our orthodontist will be able to supply treatment during later visits to:
- Guide jaw growth
- Lower the risk of trauma to protruded front teeth
- Correct harmful oral habits
- Improve appearance and self-esteem
- Guide permanent teeth into a more favorable position
- Improve the way lips meet
We’re dedicated to providing you and your family with the best dental care in Buffalo, and we look forward to being your kids’ dentist of choice.
Need Dentistry for Children in Buffalo, New York? Reach Out to Us!
Contact us for an appointment or stop in at our Union Road office to see why Stellar Dental Care is “The Place for Kids.” We look forward to seeing you!