There is Help for Your Pain
TMJ disorders affect millions of Americans every day. Symptoms range from acute to chronic jaw pain, headaches, migraines, neck and shoulder tension/pain, ear pain, ringing in the ear, anxiety, insomnia, and low energy.
Several causes of TMJ disorder include:
- Fragmented sleep
With so many causes and symptoms for TMJ disorder, it is important to contact a specialist to not only find relief for oral pain but to also prevent further damage, chronic pain, and permanent effects, which is where TMJ treatment appliances come in.
TMJ Pain Relief Specialists and Treatment
There are pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical options. Non-pharmaceutical options include static or dynamic appliances which stabilize the jaw joint in conjunction with osteopathic or craniosacral therapy, and myofunctional therapy.
Dr. Kagan’s goal is to restore optimal anatomical function. As a dedicated TMJ dentist, Dr. Kagan works to find the best solution for your issues.
Until you’re able to book an appointment at one of our facilities, we have several resources to help answer your questions, including:
- An Introduction to Functional Orthodontics
- Sleep Apnea
- Breathing Disorders
TMJ Treatment and Remedies
There are several approaches that Dr. Kagan will recommend while finding a solution for your oral pain and symptoms.
1. Oral appliances – These are used as a first line of defense for jaw imbalance or narrowed airways for TMJ. This, in conjunction with physical therapy, helps to realign structures that may have been immobile prior to treatment.
2. Acupuncture – Often used for nerve-related treatment, acupuncture helps your body rest and relax to the point at which your body begins initiating natural healing capabilities. This, alongside mediation, can help to relax the nervous system and is a great procedure for pain management and treatment.
3. Natural remedies – A rising and increasingly common trend that has been sweeping the world is to use natural oils and minerals to combat physical symptoms and pain. Something our TMJ dentists recommend is using olive oil just on the inside of the nose before bedtime to decrease airflow resistance, therefore allowing more oxygen to your tissue cells. Magnesium is also commonly recommended for tense muscles, digestion, and insomnia.
More About Stellar Dental Care
Stellar Dental Care strives to provide the Buffalo area with the best dental care in the area by offering services for all your dental needs. With five separate locations, we give you plenty of options when it comes to location convenience and scheduling.
Dental Services for Buffalo, New York
Along with everything our Buffalo, New York TMJ dentists can provide, our team of dental professionals can supply a range of services for you and your family including:
- General and family dentistry
- Pediatric treatment
- Dental implants
- Sleep apnea
- And more!
Since 2009, Stellar Dental care has remained one of the top dentists in the Buffalo area. Locally owned and operated, we’re committed to our patients, our community, and delivering quality dental care.
Schedule an Appointment Today to Start Your TMJ Treatment in Buffalo
Dedicated to serving Buffalo, New York, Stellar Dental Care has the best TMJ treatment options for your symptoms. With our state-of-the-art equipment, we want to ensure that you will receive the best recommendations and results now and into the future.
Contact our team of experienced dental professionals today to learn more about how we can help you maintain and improve your oral health. We look forward to assisting you for TMJ pain relief for more freedom in your daily life!